GVTC Public Wi-Fi Terms And Conditions
These terms and conditions set out the agreement between you ('you', 'the customer' or 'your') and Guadalupe Valley Telephone Cooperative, Inc., including its subsidiary Guadalupe Valley Communications Systems, L.P. and other subsidiaries (collectively “GVTC”).
Your use of the GVTC Public Wi-Fi Service ("Service") will be governed by the terms of this agreement and by use of the Service you agree to these terms.
A. About the Service
- This agreement sets out the terms and conditions of use of the Service. You must consent to these terms and conditions to be able to use the Service.
- GVTC may exercise reasonable traffic management policies on its WiFi network and take measures to help prevent fraud and to ensure that excessive use of the services by some users does not prevent other users of the Service from enjoying the Service. The use of the Service is also governed by the GVTC Network Management and Open Internet Policy, the GVTC AUP, the GVTC Internet and Website Policy (“Policies”) as they exist as of your use of the Service. GVTC may amend the Policies from time-to-time and you are responsible for checking the Policies periodically on the GVTC website (https://www.youki-green.com) for any changes. Your use of the Service will be governed by the Policies then in effect as of the date of the use.
- The Service that GVTC provides you is the ability to access the Internet and send and receive data through GVTC’s wireless broadband network and through the Internet using wireless technology that GVTC makes publicly available. This Service is available to customers who purchase a valid time-limited plan for the GVTC WiFi Service. You understand and agree that your use of the Service is limited by the reach of the GVTC WiFi network. In other words, you must be within the area served by our wireless broadband (WiFi) network for the Service to work.
- We reserve the right to monitor and control data volume and/or types of traffic transmitted via the services as per the GVTC Network Management and Open Internet Policy.
B. Using the Service
- The Service starts when you first connect to a GVTC access point.
- You are responsible for ensuring that any equipment that you use to access the Service meets the minimum requirements and is suitable for use with the Service and is adequately protected against viruses.
- The Service may be impaired by geographic, atmospheric or other conditions or circumstances beyond our control.
- You shall ensure that you use the Service in a reasonable manner and do not abuse the services. You accept that GVTC may restrict your ability to use the services if you use the services in an unreasonable and/or excessive manner as set forth in the policies referenced above.
- You are wholly responsible for your use of the Service. You accept that we have no control over the information transmitted via the Service and will not be responsible for such information. As a wireless service, you recognize and accept that the connection may not be secure and that GVTC does not warrant the security of the Service. Except as expressly specified otherwise in this agreement, we do not examine the use to which you put the Service or the nature of the information you send or receive. GVTC shall have no obligation to compensate you for such information and/or such use.
- You accept that GVTC has the right to restrict access to any inappropriate or illegal content on the Service as per the GVTC AUP and hereby agree not to access or attempt to access such content using the service.
- GVTC does not guarantee that the Service will be uninterrupted and/or will be continuously available and will not be liable for any interruptions, reception, picture degradation or any other problems that are beyond our control. GVTC does not guarantee that the service will be compatible with your equipment or any software that you may use.
- You are responsible for the manner in which the Services are used. Your use of the Service and the use by anyone you allow to access the Service must be in compliance with the Policies referenced above. You must ensure that the way you use the Services does not violate any state or federal statute or the rights of any other person. If GVTC reasonably believes that you have misused the service in any way, GVTC may take immediate action to deny you access to the Service without any further notice to you. GVTC reserves the right to suspend or terminate your use of the Service if you misuse the Service as set forth herein and in the Policies. You may not resell the Service in any manner.
- You agree to take responsibility for all liabilities, claims and losses which are in any way connected with your misuse of the Service under this agreement and agree to reimburse GVTC in full of any costs and/or losses of which we may suffer because of such misuse, including but not limited to attorney fees.
- Some parts of the Service enable you to access third party content and services (some of which may require you to accept additional terms and which may be subject to fees), and you agree that GVTC is not responsible for any such third-party content or services.
- GVTC does not guarantee the security of the services and you hereby agree to use the services at your own risk. You shall ensure that you have adequate security to prevent unlawful access to or use of the Service, access to your computing equipment or disclosure of confidential information.
- You hereby accept that GVTC does not guarantee nor is GVTC responsible for, the security, integrity and confidentiality of the information, files and data that you exchange or may wish to exchange.
- The Service will be available and continue for the duration of the time period purchased which varies depending on the type of plan you have purchased. You will have unlimited access to the Internet using the Service, within the GVTC WiFi service area, for the time period purchased for up to 2 devices.
- Return, refund and cancellation policy: GVTC maintains a no refund policy. If you are not satisfied with the service, please contact us via our 'Contact Us' link at https://youki-green.com.
- By using the Service, you are providing to GVTC your consent to use your personal information as set forth in the Policies. You should review the Policies carefully to understand the use of your information.
C. Liability to You
- GVTC’s liability to you is limited as set out in this agreement.
- GVTC will not be liable to you for:
a) any direct loss, loss of profit, revenue, time, anticipated savings or profit or revenue, opportunity, use, business, wasted expenditure, loss arising from disclosure of confidential information, loss arising from or in connection with the use of the service or inability to use or access the service that may arise in relation to this agreement whether or not we were advised in advance of the possibility of such loss or damage;
b) any indirect loss or any loss which is not a reasonably foreseeable consequence of GVTC's negligence or breach of these terms and conditions (including loss of profits, business, revenue, contracts or anticipated savings, wasted expenses or any other purely financial losses);
c) lost or destroyed data or software; or
d) any business loss (including loss of profits, business, revenue, contracts or anticipated savings, wasted expenses or any other purely financial losses) even if such loss was reasonably foreseeable or we had been advised of the possibility of you incurring such loss.
- GVTC is not responsible for any misuse of your username and/or where applicable, your password. You are wholly responsible for your account and shall be fully liable for all activities carried out under your account. It is your responsibility to protect your username and password.
- GVTC will not be liable to you for the accuracy, completeness, fitness for purpose or legality of any information accessed, received or transmitted using the services, or for transmitting or receiving, or failure to transmit or receive, any material through the services.
- If you deal with any other individuals or organizations using the Service (for example, by buying or renting goods or services from them or ordering goods from them using the services), GVTC will not be involved in these dealings. GVTC will not be liable in any way for any loss, costs or damage you have to pay for.
- GVTC will not be liable to you for the contents of any material from other individuals and/or organizations which may be accessed through the services. GVTC reserves the right to take the actions set forth in the Policies for any misuse of the Service, including suspension and termination of the Service.
- In addition, GVTC further restricts or excludes liability to you for matters beyond our reasonable control.
- GVTC will not be liable for failing to do what it promised under this agreement if it is prevented from doing so by something outside its reasonable control which will include (but is not limited to) lightning, flood or severe weather conditions, fire or explosion, civil disorder, damage or vandalism to our network or equipment, terrorist activities, war, actions of local or national governments or other authorities, or industrial dispute.
- This agreement is personal to you and you may not transfer any of your rights and responsibilities under this agreement without our written agreement. For business reasons we may transfer any of our rights and responsibilities under this agreement without your permission.
- Sometimes, we will need to change the terms and conditions of the Service and/or the Policies and will publish such changes on the GVTC's website by incorporating them into the Terms and Conditions or Policies posted on the GVTC website. It is your responsibility to be aware of such changes by checking our website.
- This agreement will be governed by Texas law and is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Texas courts and to the extent applicable, the Federal Communication Commission and Federal Courts for the state of Texas.